Subject: [PATCH 00/10] fast export and import fixes and features

From: Elijah Newren <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2018 22:23:02 -0800

This is a series of ten patches representing two doc corrections, one
pedantic fix, three real bug fixes, one micro code refactor, and three
new features.  Each of these ten changes is relatively small in size.
These changes predominantly affect fast-export, but there's a couple
small changes for fast-import as well.

I could potentially split these patches up, but I'd just end up
chaining them sequentially since otherwise there'd be lots of
conflicts; having 10 different single patch series with lots of
dependencies sounded like a bigger pain to me, but let me know if you
would prefer I split them up and how you suggest doing so.

These patches were driven by the needs of git-repo-filter[1], but most
if not all of them should be independently useful.

Elijah Newren (10):
  git-fast-import.txt: fix documentation for --quiet option
  git-fast-export.txt: clarify misleading documentation about rev-list
    args
  fast-export: use value from correct enum
  fast-export: avoid dying when filtering by paths and old tags exist
  fast-export: move commit rewriting logic into a function for reuse
  fast-export: when using paths, avoid corrupt stream with non-existent
    mark
  fast-export: ensure we export requested refs
  fast-export: add --reference-excluded-parents option
  fast-export: add a --show-original-ids option to show original names
  fast-export: add --always-show-modify-after-rename

 Documentation/git-fast-export.txt |  33 ++++++-
 Documentation/git-fast-import.txt |   7 +-
 builtin/fast-export.c             | 156 +++++++++++++++++++++++-------
 fast-import.c                     |  17 ++++
 t/t9350-fast-export.sh            | 124 +++++++++++++++++++++++-
 5 files changed, 293 insertions(+), 44 deletions(-)

[1] https://github.com/newren/git-repo-filter if you're really
curious, but ***** IT HAS SEVERAL SHARP EDGES *****.  It isn't really
ready for review/testing/usage/announcing/etc; in fact, it's not quite
WIP/RFC ready.  (Further, it's not clear if it should somehow become
part of core git, should go into contrib, or just remain separate
indefinitely.)  Anyway, please do not attempt to use it for anything
real yet.  I'll send out an email when I think it's closer to ready.

-- 
2.19.1.866.g82735bcbde