Subject: Re: [PATCH] t5562: skip if NO_CURL is enabled

From: Max Kirillov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 23:26:03 +0200

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 11:36:08AM -0800, Carlo Arenas wrote:
> NO_CURL reflects the build setting (for http support); CURL checks for
> the curl binary, but as Ævar points out the requirements must be from
> somewhere else since a NO_CURL=1 build (tested in macOS) still passes
> the test, but not in NetBSD.
> 
> tests 3-8 seem to fail because perl is hardcoded to /urs/bin/perl in
> t5562/invoke-with-content-length.pl,

I see.

In other perl files I can see either '#!/usr/bin/perl' or
'#!/ust/bin/env perl'. The second one should be more
portable. Does the latter work on the NetBSD?

To all: what is supposed to be done about it?

> while I seem to be getting some
> sporadic errors in 9 with the following output :

This is more complicated.

Does it happen often?

Does test 12 ("push gzipped") ever fail?

So far I can imagine either a buffering issue or some
mistake in length calculation.