Subject: Re: [PATCH] t5562: skip if NO_CURL is enabled

From: Max Kirillov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2018 00:49:29 +0200

On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 04:02:04AM -0800, Carlo Arenas wrote:
> for some tracing, it would seem that it gets 0 when
> trying to read 4 bytes from what I think is a pipe that connects to a
> child that has been gone already for a while.

Could you clarify it? I'm afraid I don't understand.

Meanwhile, I've been staring at code and so far don't have any
assumption where it could fail. Except basic things like something is
wrong with forking or reading/writing pipes, but then it would have
bigger consequences.

Also, I tried to look at it with NetBSD but cannot get past
error, while running tests:

> ./test-lib.sh: 327: Syntax error: Bad substitution

There is the following code there:

-----
                if test -z "$test_untraceable" || {
                     test -n "$BASH_VERSION" && {
                       test ${BASH_VERSINFO[0]} -gt 4 || { # line 327
                         test ${BASH_VERSINFO[0]} -eq 4 &&
                         test ${BASH_VERSINFO[1]} -ge 1

-----

Should I install bash for it to work? I cannot say I understand what the message is about.