Subject: [PATCH v2 0/2] Precios files round two

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 20:38:02 +0100

Let's see if I can make everybody almost happy with this.

Patch 1 is not that much different from round one except now with
tests. It is still about "precious" attributes that prevent content
loss with "git clean", "git checkout <ref>" or "git merge".

Patch 2 goes Ævar and Per are pursuing. It adds an opt-in config that
turns all ignored files precious, but only for unpack-trees
operations.

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (2):
  Introduce "precious" file concept
  unpack-trees: support core.allIgnoredFilesArePreciousWhenMerging

 Documentation/config/core.txt   |  6 ++++++
 Documentation/git-clean.txt     |  3 ++-
 Documentation/gitattributes.txt | 13 +++++++++++++
 Documentation/gitignore.txt     |  5 +++++
 attr.c                          | 12 ++++++++++++
 attr.h                          |  2 ++
 builtin/clean.c                 | 20 +++++++++++++++++---
 t/t1004-read-tree-m-u-wf.sh     |  6 ++++++
 t/t7300-clean.sh                | 29 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 unpack-trees.c                  | 20 ++++++++++++++++++++
 10 files changed, 112 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

-- 
2.19.1.1327.g328c130451.dirty