Subject: [PATCH 0/2] format-patch: fix root cause of recent regression

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 21:18:50 +0100

As noted in 2/2 this fixes the root cause of the bug I plastered over
in
https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/
(that patch is sitting in 'next').

1/2 is a test for existing behavior, to make it more easily understood
what's being changed.

Junio: I know it's late, but unless Eric has objections to this UI
change I'd really like to have this in 2.20 since this is a change to
a new command-line UI that's newly added in 2.20.

As noted in 2/2 the current implementation is inherently limited, you
can't tweak diff options for the range-diff in the cover-letter and
the patch independently, now you can, and the implementation is much
less nasty now that we're not having to share diffopts across two
different modes of operation.

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (2):
  format-patch: add test for --range-diff diff output
  format-patch: allow for independent diff & range-diff options

 Documentation/git-format-patch.txt |  10 ++-
 builtin/log.c                      |  42 +++++++++---
 t/t3206-range-diff.sh              | 101 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 142 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)

-- 
2.20.0.rc1.387.gf8505762e3