Subject: [RFC PATCH 0/3] test-lib: add the '--stress' option to help reproduce occasional failures in flaky tests

From: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 17:34:54 +0100

Inspired by Peff's 'stress' script mentioned in:

  https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/

the last patch in this series brings that functionality to our test
library to help to reproduce failures in flaky tests.  So

  ./t1234-foo --stress
  
will run that test script repeatedly in multiple parallel invocations,
in the hope that the increased load creates enough variance in the
timing of the test's commands that a failure is evenually triggered.

SZEDER Gábor (3):
  test-lib: consolidate naming of test-results paths
  test-lib-functions: introduce the 'test_set_port' helper function
  test-lib: add the '--stress' option to run a test repeatedly under
    load

 t/README                 | 13 +++++-
 t/lib-git-daemon.sh      |  2 +-
 t/lib-git-p4.sh          |  9 +---
 t/lib-git-svn.sh         |  2 +-
 t/lib-httpd.sh           |  2 +-
 t/t0410-partial-clone.sh |  1 -
 t/t5512-ls-remote.sh     |  2 +-
 t/test-lib-functions.sh  | 39 ++++++++++++++++
 t/test-lib.sh            | 99 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 9 files changed, 143 insertions(+), 26 deletions(-)

-- 
2.20.0.rc2.156.g5a9fd2ce9c