Subject: Re: [PATCHSET] git-reverse-trailer-xrefs: Reverse map cherry-picks and other cross-references

From: Tejun Heo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 19:46:06 -0800

Hello, Junio, Stefan.

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 12:09:39PM +0900, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Please do not take the above as "don't do notes/xref-; instead read
> from the 'meta commits'".  I do not have a preference between the
> two proposed implementations.  The important thing is that we won't
> end up with having to maintain two separate mechanisms that want to
> keep track of essentially the same class of information.  FWIW I'd
> be perfectly fine if the unification goes the other way, as long as
> goals of both parties are met, and for that, I'd like to see you two
> work together, or at least be aware of what each other is doing and
> see if cross-pollination would result in a mutually better solution.

So, from my POV, the only thing I want is being able to easily tell
which commit got cherry picked where.  I really don't care how that's
achieved.  Stefan, if there's anything I can do to push it forward,
let me know and if you see anything useful in my patchset, please feel
free to incorporate them in any way.

Thanks.

-- 
tejun