Subject: Re: rebase: Ask before doing anything not undoable

From: Ricardo Biehl Pasquali <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 22:23:36 -0200

On Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 10:37:00PM +0100, Thomas Braun wrote:
> The git rebase documentation has
>
> ORIG_HEAD is set to point at the tip of the branch before the reset.
>
> so doing
>
> git reset ORIG_HEAD
>
> does reset to the state before the rebase.

That's pretty easy :-)

> For avoiding the original problem of --co completing to
> --committer-date-is-author-date I'm using the alias rc for git rebase
> --continue.

It's definetly an alternative. Anyway, ORIG_HEAD reset is
sufficient for the cases when enter is hit before noticing
the completion string.

Thank you!

	pasquali