Subject: [PATCH v3 0/3] pack-redundant: new algorithm to find min packs

From: Jiang Xin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2019 12:34:53 +0800

Sun Chao (my former colleague at Huawei) found a bug of
git-pack-redundant.  If there are too many packs and many of them overlap
each other, running `git pack-redundant --all` will exhaust all memories
and the process will be killed by kernel.

There is a script in commit log of commit 2/3, which can be used to
create a repository with lots of redundant packs. Running `git
pack-redundant --all` in it can reproduce this issue.

Updates of reroll v3:

* Rename test case file from t5322 to t5323, for I see t5322 exist in
  commit 404dead121: "pack-objects: add --sparse option".

Jiang Xin (1):
  t5323: test cases for git-pack-redundant

Sun Chao (2):
  pack-redundant: new algorithm to find min packs
  pack-redundant: remove unused functions

 builtin/pack-redundant.c  | 181 +++++++++++++++++-----------------------------
 t/t5323-pack-redundant.sh |  84 +++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 152 insertions(+), 113 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 t/t5323-pack-redundant.sh

-- 
2.14.5.agit.2