Subject: Re: A quick question about donation and partnership

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 16:52:11 -0800

Hi Petko,

Petko Yanev wrote:

> I'm writing to you because git-scm.com is a great project and I want to help
> out.
>
> I'd love to contribute with a donation or in another manner you consider
> acceptable.
>
> In exchange, all I expect is a do-follow backlink to one of our sites.
>
> Do let me know what you think about this proposal.

Git is a member project of the Software Freedom Conservancy, a public
charity that provides financial and administrative support to open
source projects.  You can donate at https://git-scm.com/sfc.

That said, the project would not provide any quid pro quo in return.
In particular, it wouldn't provide a backlink.

Please refrain from this kind of mass emailing in the future.

Sincerely,
Jonathan