Subject: [PATCH v2 5/5] Add `human` date format tests.

From: "Stephen P. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 23:18:05 -0700

When using `human` several fields are suppressed depending on the time
difference between the reference date and the local computer date. In
cases where the difference is less than a year, the year field is
supppressed. If the time is less than a day; the month and year is
suppressed.

Use TEST_DATE_NOW environment variable when using the test-tool to
hold the expected output strings constant.

Signed-off-by: Stephen P. Smith <[email-masked]>
---
 t/t0006-date.sh | 20 ++++++++++++++++++++
 1 file changed, 20 insertions(+)

diff --git a/t/t0006-date.sh b/t/t0006-date.sh
index ffb2975e48..c7c0786b24 100755
--- a/t/t0006-date.sh
+++ b/t/t0006-date.sh
@@ -128,4 +128,24 @@ check_approxidate '6AM, June 7, 2009' '2009-06-07 06:00:00'
 check_approxidate '2008-12-01' '2008-12-01 19:20:00'
 check_approxidate '2009-12-01' '2009-12-01 19:20:00'
 
+check_date_format() {
+	format=$1
+	t=$(($TEST_DATE_NOW - $2))
+	expect=$3
+	test_expect_success "human date $t" "
+	echo $TEST_DATE_NOW >now &&
+	test-tool date human $t >actual &&
+	grep '$expect' actual
+"
+}
+
+check_date_format human 18000 "5 hours ago" # 5 hours ago
+check_date_format human 432000 "Tue Aug 25 19:20" # 5 days ago
+check_date_format human 1728000 "Mon Aug 10 19:20" # 3 weeks ago
+check_date_format human 13000000 "Thu Apr 2 08:13" # 5 months ago
+check_date_format human 31449600 "Aug 31 2008" # 12 months ago
+check_date_format human 37500000 "Jun 22 2008" # 1 year, 2 months ago
+check_date_format human 55188000 "Dec 1 2007" # 1 year, 9 months ago
+check_date_format human 630000000 "Sep 13 1989" # 20 years ago
+
 test_done
-- 
2.20.1.2.gb21ebb671b