Subject: [PATCH v2 0/2] commit-graph: minor cleanup and optimization

From: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 18:05:47 +0100

On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 06:32:19AM -0500, Derrick Stolee wrote:
> >>I rename these variables to 'num_large_edges', because the commit
> >>graph file format speaks about the 'Large Edge List' chunk.
> >>
> >>However, I do find that the term 'extra' makes much more sense
> >>
> >>Would it make sense to do the rename in the other direction?
> >I tend to agree that "large edge" is a misnomer.
> 
> I agree with you both. "Extra" is better.

OK, so here are the two patches with the rename done in the other
direction.

These should replace the bottom two patches of the topic
'ab/commit-graph-write-progress'.

SZEDER Gábor (2):
  commit-graph: rename "large edges" to "extra edges"
  commit-graph: don't call write_graph_chunk_large_edges() unnecessarily

 .../technical/commit-graph-format.txt         |  4 +--
 builtin/commit-graph.c                        |  4 +--
 commit-graph.c                                | 25 ++++++++++---------
 commit-graph.h                                |  2 +-
 t/t5318-commit-graph.sh                       | 14 +++++------
 5 files changed, 25 insertions(+), 24 deletions(-)

-- 
2.20.1.499.gf60de1223c