Subject: [PATCH v1 0/2] Fix regression in checkout -b

From: Ben Peart <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 13:55:56 -0500

From: Ben Peart <[email-masked]>

Anthony Sottile <[email-masked]> determined that commit fa655d8411
"checkout: optimize "git checkout -b <new_branch>" introduced
an unintentional change in behavior for 'checkout -b' after doing a
'clone --no-checkout'.  Create a test to demonstrate the regression then
fix the bug and update the test to demonstrate the fix.

Base Ref: master
Web-Diff: https://github.com/benpeart/git/commit/3930f7fa32
Checkout: git fetch https://github.com/benpeart/git initial-checkout-v1 && git checkout 3930f7fa32

Ben Peart (2):
  checkout: add test to demonstrate regression with checkout -b on
    initial commit
  checkout: fix regression in checkout -b on intitial checkout

 builtin/checkout.c         |  6 ++++++
 t/t2018-checkout-branch.sh | 11 +++++++++++
 2 files changed, 17 insertions(+)

base-commit: 77556354bb7ac50450e3b28999e3576969869068
-- 
2.19.1.gvfs.1.16.g9d1374d