Subject: [PATCH v5 0/8] Reimplement rebase --merge via interactive machinery

From: Elijah Newren <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 17:39:37 -0800

This series continues the work of making rebase more self-consistent
by removing inconsistencies between different backends.  In
particular, this series focuses on making the merge machinery behave
like the interactive machinery (though a few differences between the am
and interactive backends are also fixed along the way), and ultimately
removes the merge backend in favor of reimplementing the relevant
options on top of the interactive machinery.

Differences since v4:
  - Included Dscho's Acked-by (from
    https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/)

Elijah Newren (8):
  rebase: make builtin and legacy script error messages the same
  rebase: fix incompatible options error message
  t5407: add a test demonstrating how interactive handles --skip
    differently
  am, rebase--merge: do not overlook --skip'ed commits with post-rewrite
  git-rebase, sequencer: extend --quiet option for the interactive
    machinery
  git-legacy-rebase: simplify unnecessary triply-nested if
  rebase: define linearization ordering and enforce it
  rebase: implement --merge via the interactive machinery

 .gitignore                        |   1 -
 Documentation/git-rebase.txt      |  17 +---
 Makefile                          |   1 -
 builtin/am.c                      |   9 ++
 builtin/rebase.c                  |  30 ++----
 git-legacy-rebase.sh              |  65 ++++++------
 git-rebase--am.sh                 |   2 +-
 git-rebase--common.sh             |   2 +-
 git-rebase--merge.sh              | 164 ------------------------------
 sequencer.c                       |  23 +++--
 sequencer.h                       |   1 +
 t/t3406-rebase-message.sh         |   7 +-
 t/t3420-rebase-autostash.sh       |  78 ++------------
 t/t3421-rebase-topology-linear.sh |  10 +-
 t/t3425-rebase-topology-merges.sh |  15 ++-
 t/t5407-post-rewrite-hook.sh      |  34 +++++++
 t/t9903-bash-prompt.sh            |   2 +-
 17 files changed, 121 insertions(+), 340 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 git-rebase--merge.sh

-- 
2.20.1.310.g17ca096f17