Subject: [PATCH 1/2] checkout: update count-checkouts messages

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2019 09:51:14 +0700

Commit 0f086e6dca [1] counts the number of files updated by "git
checkout -- <paths>" command and prints it. Later on 536ec1839d [2]
adds the ability to remove files in "git checkout -- <paths>". This is
still an update on worktree and should be reported to the user.

To prepare for such an update since that commit is on track to
'master' now, the messages are rephrased to avoid "checked out" which
does not imply file deletion.

[1] 0f086e6dca (checkout: print something when checking out paths -
    2018-11-13)
[2] 536ec1839d (entry: support CE_WT_REMOVE flag in checkout_entry -
    2018-12-20)

Signed-off-by: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
---
 builtin/checkout.c | 8 ++++----
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

diff --git a/builtin/checkout.c b/builtin/checkout.c
index 9f8f3466f6..6e33850d9f 100644
--- a/builtin/checkout.c
+++ b/builtin/checkout.c
@@ -393,15 +393,15 @@ static int checkout_paths(const struct checkout_opts *opts,
 
 	if (opts->count_checkout_paths) {
 		if (opts->source_tree)
-			fprintf_ln(stderr, Q_("Checked out %d path out of %s",
-					      "Checked out %d paths out of %s",
+			fprintf_ln(stderr, Q_("Updated %d path from %s",
+					      "Updated %d paths from %s",
 					      nr_checkouts),
 				   nr_checkouts,
 				   find_unique_abbrev(&opts->source_tree->object.oid,
 						      DEFAULT_ABBREV));
 		else
-			fprintf_ln(stderr, Q_("Checked out %d path out of the index",
-					      "Checked out %d paths out of the index",
+			fprintf_ln(stderr, Q_("Updated %d path from the index",
+					      "Updated %d paths from the index",
 					      nr_checkouts),
 				   nr_checkouts);
 	}
-- 
2.20.1.682.gd5861c6d90