Subject: [PATCH v2 0/6] Makefile: allow for combining DEVELOPER= and CFLAGS="..."

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 15:41:21 +0100

This fixes a long-standing annoyance of mine of not being able to set
my own CFLAGS combined with DEVELOPER="...".

There *should* be no other functional changes, but I'm moving around
some core Makefile logic, so this needs to be carefully reviewed.

I've tried installing with this, setting flags involved etc. It works
as expected, but we have no tests for the Makefile itself, so I might
have missed something.

I sent a stand-alone "Makefile: remove an out-of-date comment"[1] a
bit too soon as it turns out. I thought it could be stand-alone, but
as it turns out I needed to move some code adjacent to it. It would
conflict with this, so it's now bundled up with it as a v2.

1. https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (6):
  Makefile: remove an out-of-date comment
  Makefile: move "strip" assignment down from flags
  Makefile: add/remove comments at top and tweak whitespace
  Makefile: Move *_LIBS assignment into its own section
  Makefile: move the setting of *FLAGS closer to "include"
  Makefile: allow for combining DEVELOPER=1 and CFLAGS="..."

 Makefile       | 63 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++------------------------
 config.mak.dev | 44 +++++++++++++++++------------------
 2 files changed, 55 insertions(+), 52 deletions(-)

-- 
2.21.0.rc2.1.g2d5e20a900.dirty