Subject: [RFC PATCH v3 0/5] clone: dir iterator refactoring with tests

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 13:28:24 +0100

There's still active review going on for the "v2"[1], in particular
Duy's comments coming in as I write this. This doesn't address any of
that.

What it does do is have a better version of my patch to add tests for
the current behavior. It now doesn't reply the on SHA1 prereq anymore,
and we can test the dotfiles without needing the SYMLINK prereq.

I also moved it to the front of the series just to document/make sure
that we start by asserting testing functionality. I ran a full test
suite run for each of these patches and they all pass.

The only other change is getting rid of an unused "struct stat st"
variable which errored out under DEVELOPER=1.

1. https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/

Matheus Tavares (4):
  dir-iterator: add flags parameter to dir_iterator_begin
  clone: copy hidden paths at local clone
  clone: extract function from copy_or_link_directory
  clone: use dir-iterator to avoid explicit dir traversal

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (1):
  clone: test for our behavior on odd objects/* content

 builtin/clone.c            |  69 ++++++++++-------
 dir-iterator.c             |  28 ++++++-
 dir-iterator.h             |  40 ++++++++--
 refs/files-backend.c       |   2 +-
 t/t5604-clone-reference.sh | 151 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 5 files changed, 249 insertions(+), 41 deletions(-)

-- 
2.21.0.rc2.261.ga7da99ff1b