Subject: [RFC PATCH v3 3/5] clone: copy hidden paths at local clone

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 13:28:27 +0100

From: Matheus Tavares <[email-masked]>

Make the copy_or_link_directory function no longer skip hidden paths.
This function, used to copy .git/objects, currently skips all hidden
directories but not hidden files, which is an odd behaviour. The reason
for that could be unintentional: probably the intention was to skip '.'
and '..' only but it ended up accidentally skipping all directories
starting with '.'. Besides being more natural, the new behaviour is more
permissive to the user.

Also adjusted tests to reflect this change.

Signed-off-by: Matheus Tavares <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
---
 builtin/clone.c            | 2 +-
 t/t5604-clone-reference.sh | 9 +++++++++
 2 files changed, 10 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/builtin/clone.c b/builtin/clone.c
index 50bde99618..cae069f03b 100644
--- a/builtin/clone.c
+++ b/builtin/clone.c
@@ -428,7 +428,7 @@ static void copy_or_link_directory(struct strbuf *src, struct strbuf *dest,
 			continue;
 		}
 		if (S_ISDIR(buf.st_mode)) {
-			if (de->d_name[0] != '.')
+			if (!is_dot_or_dotdot(de->d_name))
 				copy_or_link_directory(src, dest,
 						       src_repo, src_baselen);
 			continue;
diff --git a/t/t5604-clone-reference.sh b/t/t5604-clone-reference.sh
index cb0dc22d14..d650f67ca5 100755
--- a/t/t5604-clone-reference.sh
+++ b/t/t5604-clone-reference.sh
@@ -247,16 +247,25 @@ test_expect_success 'clone a repo with garbage in objects/*' '
 	done &&
 	find S-* -name "*some*" | sort >actual &&
 	cat >expected <<-EOF &&
+	S--dissociate/.git/objects/.some-hidden-dir
+	S--dissociate/.git/objects/.some-hidden-dir/.some-dot-file
+	S--dissociate/.git/objects/.some-hidden-dir/some-file
 	S--dissociate/.git/objects/.some-hidden-file
 	S--dissociate/.git/objects/some-dir
 	S--dissociate/.git/objects/some-dir/.some-dot-file
 	S--dissociate/.git/objects/some-dir/some-file
 	S--dissociate/.git/objects/some-file
+	S--local/.git/objects/.some-hidden-dir
+	S--local/.git/objects/.some-hidden-dir/.some-dot-file
+	S--local/.git/objects/.some-hidden-dir/some-file
 	S--local/.git/objects/.some-hidden-file
 	S--local/.git/objects/some-dir
 	S--local/.git/objects/some-dir/.some-dot-file
 	S--local/.git/objects/some-dir/some-file
 	S--local/.git/objects/some-file
+	S--no-hardlinks/.git/objects/.some-hidden-dir
+	S--no-hardlinks/.git/objects/.some-hidden-dir/.some-dot-file
+	S--no-hardlinks/.git/objects/.some-hidden-dir/some-file
 	S--no-hardlinks/.git/objects/.some-hidden-file
 	S--no-hardlinks/.git/objects/some-dir
 	S--no-hardlinks/.git/objects/some-dir/.some-dot-file
-- 
2.21.0.rc2.261.ga7da99ff1b