Subject: Re: Tags from each remote in a separate "name-space"?

From: Duy Nguyen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 15:11:03 +0700

On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 08:54:23AM +0300, Sergey Organov wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> How do I configure git to handle tags from remotes in a manner similar
> to branches?
> 
> Specifically, I want tag 'tag_name' from remote 'origin' to have local
> name 'origin/tag_name', not 'tag_name', as it is by default. For a repo
> with a lot of remotes[*] it would allow to keep track of what tag came from
> where, as well as prevent name conflicts between tags from different
> remotes (and/or local tags).

On the fetch side, something like this in the config file (assuming
"origin" remote here) probably would do

[remote "origin"]
	fetch = +refs/tags/*:refs/tags/origin/*
	tagOpt = --no-tags

I'm not so sure about the push side.

PS. it would be nice if "git remote" has --no-shared-tags option or
something to do this, assuming that it works perfectly well.
--
Duy