Subject: [GSoC] Thanking

From: Rohit Ashiwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2019 21:51:09 +0530

Hey! Thomas

Thank you for replying over my woes.

>
> It is up to you how far you would like to go with this.  If you want
> to add the helper, to make further cleanups in t3600, I think that
> would be a good thing to do (after double checking that it would be
> useful in other test files as well), and should be done in a separate
> patch.  Then you can use it in the same patch as using the helpers for
> "test -f" etc.
>

I guess I should work on this one first. I checked and around 18 test
files use `test -s`, it will be useful nonetheless.

>
> Yes, I think it would be good to make those changes, to try and get
> this merged.  Having the microproject merged is not a requirement (its
> main purpose is to see how students communicate on the mailing list,
> and to get them familiar with the workflow ahead of GSoC), but it can
> be a nice achievement in itself.
>

Yes, it is a nice experience to interact with people who "run" git over
which most of the open source community depends for code sharing and
collaboration.

>
> That said, I would also encourage you to start thinking about a
> project proposal, as that is another important part that should be
> done for the application.
>

That is really encouraging, I'll try to finish my work as soon as
possible and work on the proposal side by side!

Thanks
Rohit