Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] cherry-pick/revert: add scissors line on merge conflict

From: Denton Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2019 16:16:07 -0800

Hi Phillip, sorry I forgot to address one of your replies.

On Wed, Mar 06, 2019 at 04:29:20PM +0000, Phillip Wood wrote:
> Hi Denton
> 
> On 06/03/2019 10:30, Denton Liu wrote:
> >Fix a bug where the scissors line is placed after the Conflicts:
> >section, in the case where a merge conflict occurs and
> >commit.cleanup = scissors.
> 
> Was that the case with cherry-pick and revert as well as merge, or were they
> missing the scissors line entirely as the subject line suggests?

The bug is that git-{cherry-pick,revert,merge} all place the conflicts
hint into MERGE_MSG, which then gets read by git-commit which will place
a scissors line under all that stuff.

The fix is to make git-{cherry-pick,revert,merge} put the scissors line
before the conflicts hint, so the scissors are actually placed in that
command instead of in git-commit. Is the commit message still unclear or
does it make sense now?

Thanks,

Denton