Subject: [PATCH 11/11] t9811-git-p4-label-import: fix pipeline negation

From: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 13:24:19 +0100

In 't9811-git-p4-label-import.sh' the test 'tag that cannot be
exported' runs

  !(p4 labels | grep GIT_TAG_ON_A_BRANCH)

to check that the given string is not printed by 'p4 labels'.  This is
problematic, because according to POSIX [1]:

  "If the pipeline begins with the reserved word ! and command1 is a
  subshell command, the application shall ensure that the ( operator
  at the beginning of command1 is separated from the ! by one or more
  <blank> characters. The behavior of the reserved word ! immediately
  followed by the ( operator is unspecified."

While most common shells still interpret this '!' as "negate the exit
code of the last command in the pipeline", 'mksh/lksh' don't and
interpret it as a negative file name pattern instead.  As a result
they attempt to run a command made up of the pathnames in the current
directory (it contains a single directory called 'main'), which, of
course, fails the test.

We could fix it simply by adding a space between the '!' and '(', but
instead let's fix it by removing the unnecessary subshell.

[1] http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/utilities/V3_chap02.html#tag_18_09_02

Signed-off-by: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
---
 t/t9811-git-p4-label-import.sh | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/t/t9811-git-p4-label-import.sh b/t/t9811-git-p4-label-import.sh
index b70e81c3cd..c1446f26ab 100755
--- a/t/t9811-git-p4-label-import.sh
+++ b/t/t9811-git-p4-label-import.sh
@@ -191,7 +191,7 @@ test_expect_success 'tag that cannot be exported' '
 	(
 		cd "$cli" &&
 		p4 sync ... &&
-		!(p4 labels | grep GIT_TAG_ON_A_BRANCH)
+		! p4 labels | grep GIT_TAG_ON_A_BRANCH
 	)
 '
 
-- 
2.21.0.499.g4d310c7a8e.dirty