Subject: [PATCH 0/2] allow for configuring option abbreviation + fix

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 21:23:27 +0100

This is based on Johannes's just-submitted
https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/

Some of this in my 1/2 could obviously be shortened if the
"GIT_TEST_ABBREVIATED_OPTIONS" name was used by default, but I'll
leave it up to discussion whether it's worth it to go for the route I
took here, and if so to rebase the whole thing or not.

While I'm at it fix a bug I noticed a while ago in 2/2 related to the
option abbreviation being silly and tripping over itself over an
aliased option.

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (2):
  parse-options: allow for configuring option abbreviation
  parse-options: don't emit "ambiguous option" for aliases

 Documentation/config/core.txt | 12 ++++++++++++
 builtin/clone.c               |  4 ++--
 parse-options.c               | 22 +++++++++++++++++-----
 parse-options.h               |  2 ++
 t/README                      |  4 ++--
 t/t0040-parse-options.sh      | 27 ++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 t/test-lib.sh                 |  6 +++---
 7 files changed, 60 insertions(+), 17 deletions(-)

-- 
2.21.0.360.g471c308f928