Subject: [PATCH 0/5] Fix and extend encoding handling in fast export/import

From: Elijah Newren <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 08:51:13 -0700

While stress testing `git filter-repo`, I noticed an issue with
encoding; further digging led to the fixes and features in this series.
See the individual commit messages for details.

Elijah Newren (5):
  t9350: fix encoding test to actually test reencoding
  fast-import: support 'encoding' commit header
  fast-export: avoid stripping encoding header if we cannot reencode
  fast-export: differentiate between explicitly utf-8 and implicitly
    utf-8
  fast-export: do automatic reencoding of commit messages only if
    requested

 Documentation/git-fast-import.txt |  7 ++++
 builtin/fast-export.c             | 44 ++++++++++++++++++++----
 fast-import.c                     | 12 +++++--
 t/t9300-fast-import.sh            | 20 +++++++++++
 t/t9350-fast-export.sh            | 57 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 5 files changed, 123 insertions(+), 17 deletions(-)

-- 
2.21.0.779.g2f4b9c5032