Subject: [PATCH v3 2/6] perf aggregate: remove GIT_TEST_INSTALLED from --codespeed

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2019 12:54:30 +0200

Remove the setting of the "environment" from the --codespeed output. I
don't think this is useful, and it helps with a later refactoring
where we GIT_TEST_INSTALLED stop munging/reading GIT_TEST_INSTALLED in
the perf tests in so many places.

This was added in 05eb1c37ed ("perf/aggregate: implement codespeed
JSON output", 2018-01-05), but since the "run" scripts uses
"GIT_TEST_INSTALLED" internally this was only ever useful for one-off
runs of a single revision as all the "environment" values would be
ones for whatever directory the "run" script ran last.

Let's instead fall back on the "uname -r" case, which is the sort of
thing the environment should be set to, not something that duplicates
other parts of the codpseed output. For setting the "environment" to
something custom the perf.repoName variable can be used. See
19cf57a92e ("perf/run: read GIT_PERF_REPO_NAME from perf.repoName",
2018-01-05).

Signed-off-by: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
---
 t/perf/aggregate.perl | 3 ---
 1 file changed, 3 deletions(-)

diff --git a/t/perf/aggregate.perl b/t/perf/aggregate.perl
index 494907a892..f6518339dc 100755
--- a/t/perf/aggregate.perl
+++ b/t/perf/aggregate.perl
@@ -312,9 +312,6 @@ sub print_codespeed_results {
 		$environment = $reponame;
 	} elsif (exists $ENV{GIT_PERF_REPO_NAME} and $ENV{GIT_PERF_REPO_NAME} ne "") {
 		$environment = $ENV{GIT_PERF_REPO_NAME};
-	} elsif (exists $ENV{GIT_TEST_INSTALLED} and $ENV{GIT_TEST_INSTALLED} ne "") {
-		$environment = $ENV{GIT_TEST_INSTALLED};
-		$environment =~ s|/bin-wrappers$||;
 	} else {
 		$environment = `uname -r`;
 		chomp $environment;
-- 
2.21.0.593.g511ec345e18