Subject: [PATCH 0/3] hash-object doc: small fixes

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 23:53:09 +0200

Small doc fixes. Maybe trivial enough to land in 2.22, but there's no
rush.

A pair of #leftoverbits I noticed is that we've implemented the
"--stdin-paths" option via unquote_c_style() from day one, so our
current docs lie (and still do with this series) about wanting
\n-delimited files, you can't hash a file called '"foo"' as you'd
expect, you need to pass '"\"foo\""'.

I wonder if we should document this at this point, or just change it
and add a "-z" option. None of our tests fail if I remove this
unquote_c_style() codepath, and it's never been documented, but
someone in the wild may have organically depended on it.

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (3):
  hash-object doc: stop mentioning git-cvsimport
  hash-object doc: elaborate on -w and --literally promises
  hash-object doc: point to ls-files and rev-parse

 Documentation/git-hash-object.txt | 22 +++++++++++++++++-----
 1 file changed, 17 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

-- 
2.21.0.1020.gf2820cf01a