Subject: [PATCH 0/3] fix diff-parseopt regressions

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2019 16:24:39 +0700

This should fix the diff tests failure on s360x. It's a serious problem
and I plan to do something to prevent it from happening again.

The second patch should bring '-U' (no argument) back. Whether it makes
sense to accept this behavior is not part of this conversion. We can
deal with that later.

The third patch also brings back a corner case behavior of
--inter-hunk-context and as a result strengthens OPT_INTEGER() error
handling a bit.

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (3):
  diff-parseopt: correct variable types that are used by parseopt
  diff-parseopt: restore -U (no argument) behavior
  parse-options: check empty value in OPT_INTEGER and OPT_ABBREV

 diff.c                                    | 10 ++--
 diff.h                                    | 70 +++++++++++------------
 parse-options-cb.c                        |  3 +
 parse-options.c                           |  3 +
 t/t4013-diff-various.sh                   |  2 +
 t/t4013/diff.diff_-U1_initial..side (new) | 29 ++++++++++
 t/t4013/diff.diff_-U2_initial..side (new) | 31 ++++++++++
 t/t4013/diff.diff_-U_initial..side (new)  | 32 +++++++++++
 8 files changed, 141 insertions(+), 39 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 t/t4013/diff.diff_-U1_initial..side
 create mode 100644 t/t4013/diff.diff_-U2_initial..side
 create mode 100644 t/t4013/diff.diff_-U_initial..side

-- 
2.22.0.rc0.322.g2b0371e29a