Subject: [PATCH v2 0/4] rebase/progress: add and use term_clear_line()

From: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 15:03:16 +0200

This is a reworked/extended version of the single patch "rebase: fix
garbled progress display with '-x'" at:

  https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/T/#u

Changes:

  - Add a helper function to clear the whole line on the terminal,
    using an ANSI escape sequence on capable terminals and a
    terminal-width worth of spaces on dumb terminals.

  - Use this helper when fixing rebase's garbled progress display with
    '-x'.

  - Use this helper in progress.c:display() as well to get rid of
    quite some arithmetic that made a -rc-phase bugfix necessary.

I don't really like the necessary adjustments to the tests in patches
3 and 4, though.

SZEDER Gábor (4):
  t3404-rebase-interactive: use the 'q_to_cr' helper
  pager: add a helper function to clear the last line in the terminal
  rebase: fix garbled progress display with '-x'
  progress: use term_clear_line()

 cache.h                       |  1 +
 editor.c                      |  6 +++---
 pager.c                       | 20 ++++++++++++++++++++
 progress.c                    | 28 +++++++++++-----------------
 sequencer.c                   | 17 ++++++++++++++---
 t/t3404-rebase-interactive.sh | 15 +++------------
 t/t3420-rebase-autostash.sh   |  4 ++--
 t/t5541-http-push-smart.sh    |  6 +++---
 8 files changed, 57 insertions(+), 40 deletions(-)

-- 
2.22.0.566.g58873a45ff