Subject: [RFC/PATCH v1 0/4] compat/obstack: update from upstream

From: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 12:00:55 +0200

Update 'compat/obstack.{c,h}' from upstream, because they already use
'size_t' instead of 'long' in places that might eventually end up as
an argument to malloc(), which might solve build errors with GCC 8 on
Windows.

The first patch just imports from upstream and doesn't modify anything
at all, and, consequently, it can't be compiled because of a screenful
or two of errors.  This is bad for future bisects, of course.

OTOH, adding all the necessary build fixes right away makes review
harder...

I'm not sure how to deal with this situation, so here is a series with
the fixes in separate patches for review, for now.  If there's an
agreement that this is the direction to take, then I'll squash in the
fixes in the first patch and touch up the resulting commit message.

Ramsay, could you please run sparse on top of these patch series to
make sure that I caught and converted all "0 instead of NULL" usages
in the last patch?  Thanks.

And here is an all-green build of these patches on Travis CI:

  https://travis-ci.org/szeder/git/builds/545645247

(and one bonus patch on top to deal with some Homebrew nonsense)

SZEDER Gábor (4):
  compat/obstack: update from upstream
  SQUASH??? compat/obstack: fix portability issues
  SQUASH??? compat/obstack: fix build errors with Clang
  compat/obstack: fix some sparse warnings

 compat/obstack.c | 356 ++++++++------------
 compat/obstack.h | 832 ++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------------------
 2 files changed, 572 insertions(+), 616 deletions(-)

-- 
2.22.0.589.g5bd7971b91