Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Some more on top of nd/switch-and-restore

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 16:55:19 +0700

This is small refinements (except 4/4).

2/4 relaxes the 'in-progress' check for bisect because switching while
bisecting is normal _and_ safe. 3/4 makes 'switch -d' completion much
more useful. 4/4 adds the last missing piece in 'git restore', records
new files in worktree as i-t-a.

Still on the agenda (but may take some or much more time to do):

- submodule support in 'git restore'
- handling "git restore *.c" where *.c is expanded by shell

One item I have a patch for but decided not to send, is to imply
--detach in 'git switch' if you are already in detached HEAD mode and
want to switch to a non-branch. In other words, it behaves just like
git-checkout.

No more protection is needed in that case because you're in trouble
already if you don't know about detached HEAD. And if you do know,
then adding '-d' is just annoyance.

But I don't find myself using it and I'm a pretty heavy detached user.
So while it kinda makes sense to do, I don't think it's worth the
complication.

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (4):
  t2027: use test_must_be_empty
  switch: allow to switch in the middle of bisect
  completion: disable dwim on "git switch -d"
  restore: add --intent-to-add (restoring worktree only)

 Documentation/git-restore.txt          |  7 +++
 builtin/checkout.c                     | 82 +++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 contrib/completion/git-completion.bash |  4 ++
 t/t2070-restore.sh                     | 22 ++++++-
 4 files changed, 109 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

-- 
2.22.0.rc0.322.g2b0371e29a