Subject: [PATCH v2 0/8] grep: PCRE JIT fixes + ab/no-kwset fix

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 17:08:10 +0200

1-3 here are a re-roll on "next". I figured that was easier for
everyone with the state of the in-flight patches, it certainly was for
me. Sorry Junio if this creates a mess for you.

4-8 are a "fix" for the UTF-8 matching error noted in Carlo's "grep:
skip UTF8 checks explicitally" in
https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/

As noted the bug isn't fully fixed until 8/8, and that patch relies on
unreleased PCRE v2 code. I'm hoping that with 7/8 we're in a good
enough state to limp forward as noted in the rationale of those
commits.

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (8):
  grep: remove overly paranoid BUG(...) code
  grep: stop "using" a custom JIT stack with PCRE v2
  grep: stop using a custom JIT stack with PCRE v1
  grep: consistently use "p->fixed" in compile_regexp()
  grep: create a "is_fixed" member in "grep_pat"
  grep: stess test PCRE v2 on invalid UTF-8 data
  grep: do not enter PCRE2_UTF mode on fixed matching
  grep: optimistically use PCRE2_MATCH_INVALID_UTF

 Makefile                        |  1 +
 grep.c                          | 68 +++++++++++----------------------
 grep.h                          | 13 ++-----
 t/helper/test-pcre2-config.c    | 12 ++++++
 t/helper/test-tool.c            |  1 +
 t/helper/test-tool.h            |  1 +
 t/t7812-grep-icase-non-ascii.sh | 39 +++++++++++++++++++
 7 files changed, 80 insertions(+), 55 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 t/helper/test-pcre2-config.c

-- 
2.22.0.455.g172b71a6c5