Subject: [PATCH] t5510-fetch: fix negated 'test_i18ngrep' invocation

From: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 23:29:15 +0200

The test '--no-show-forced-updates' in 't5510-fetch.sh' added in
cdbd70c437 (fetch: add --[no-]show-forced-updates argument,
2019-06-18) runs '! test_i18ngrep ...'.  This is wrong, because when
running the test with GIT_TEST_GETTEXT_POISON=true, then
'test_i18ngrep' is basically a noop and always returns with success,
the leading ! turns that into a failure, which then fails the test.

Use 'test_i18ngrep ! ...' instead.

This went unnoticed by our GETTEXT_POISON CI builds, because those
builds don't run this test case: in those builds we don't install
Apache, and this test comes after 't5510' sources 'lib-httpd.sh',
which, consequently, skips all the remaining tests, including this
one.

Signed-off-by: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
---

This is a minor issue in v2.23.0-rc0.

'git grep "! test_i18n"' shows no other similar cases.

 t/t5510-fetch.sh | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/t/t5510-fetch.sh b/t/t5510-fetch.sh
index 139f7106f7..f2481de577 100755
--- a/t/t5510-fetch.sh
+++ b/t/t5510-fetch.sh
@@ -997,7 +997,7 @@ test_expect_success '--no-show-forced-updates' '
 	(
 		cd no-forced-update-clone &&
 		git fetch --no-show-forced-updates origin 2>output &&
-		! test_i18ngrep "(forced update)" output
+		test_i18ngrep ! "(forced update)" output
 	)
 '
 
-- 
2.22.0.926.g602b9a0287