Subject: Re: [PATCH] t5510-fetch: fix negated 'test_i18ngrep' invocation

From: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 23:40:00 +0200

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 11:29:15PM +0200, SZEDER Gábor wrote:
> The test '--no-show-forced-updates' in 't5510-fetch.sh' added in
> cdbd70c437 (fetch: add --[no-]show-forced-updates argument,
> 2019-06-18) runs '! test_i18ngrep ...'.  This is wrong, because when
> running the test with GIT_TEST_GETTEXT_POISON=true, then
> 'test_i18ngrep' is basically a noop and always returns with success,
> the leading ! turns that into a failure, which then fails the test.
> 
> Use 'test_i18ngrep ! ...' instead.
> 
> This went unnoticed by our GETTEXT_POISON CI builds, because those
> builds don't run this test case: in those builds we don't install
> Apache, and this test comes after 't5510' sources 'lib-httpd.sh',
> which, consequently, skips all the remaining tests, including this
> one.

Hrm...  It looks like there is nothing httpd-specific in this test
case, at all, so we could run it even if a webserver is not available.
Moving this test case earlier in the script seems to confirm it, as it
still succeeds.

However, I'm not really familiar with this
'--[no-]show-forced-updates' option, and this is not the time to get
up to speed, so I would let Derrick to decide and follow up...