Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/3] tests: warn against appending non-httpd-specific tests at the end

From: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 12:09:56 +0200

On Thu, Aug 01, 2019 at 11:18:42AM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > On Thu, Aug 01, 2019 at 05:53:09PM +0200, SZEDER Gábor wrote:
> >> Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/3] tests: warn against appending non-httpd-specific
> >>  tests at the end
> >
> > This subject line kind of sucks, doesn't it?!
> >
> > Alas I had a bit of a hard time coming up with something better.  So
> > far the best (well, least bad) I could think of is:
> >
> >   t: warn against adding non-httpd-specific tests after sourcing 'lib-httpd'
> 
> That reads well.

Ok.  Should I resend, or will you amend? (I see that 'pu' contains the
old subject line).

> Thanks.  It must have been tedious to make sure moving tests around
> won't break them due to some (hidden) inter-dependency among them.
> Very much appreciated.

Luckily, all the moved non-httpd tests and all the httpd tests in
't5510' and 't5703' work in their own directories, meaning that they
neither influence other tests nor are influenced by other tests, with
the exception of that $LOCAL_PRISTINE directory that I noted in the
commit message of patch 2.

I did actually diff-ed the output of the involved tests before and
after these patches, and they were essentially identical (the only
differences were that extra 'rm -rf', a couple of different
timestamps, different commit oids shown by 'git commit' or 'git
fetch', and the occasional races between the trace output and actual
command output).