Subject: [PATCH 0/3] commit-graph: error out on invalid commit oids in 'write --stdin-commits'

From: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2019 10:02:37 +0200

While 'git commit-graph write --stdin-commits' expects commit object
ids as input, it accepts and silently skips over any invalid commit
object ids, and still exits with success:

  $ echo not-a-commit-oid | git commit-graph write --stdin-commits
  $ echo $?
  $ ls -l .git/objects/info/commit-graph
  ls: cannot access '.git/objects/info/commit-graph': No such file or directory

The last patch in this series fixes this issue, with a bit of
preparatory refactoring in the second and a while-at-it cleanup in the
first patches.

SZEDER Gábor (3):
  t5318-commit-graph: use 'test_expect_code'
  commit-graph: turn a group of write-related macro flags into an enum
  commit-graph: error out on invalid commit oids in 'write
    --stdin-commits'

 builtin/commit-graph.c  | 10 ++++++----
 builtin/gc.c            |  2 +-
 commit-graph.c          | 40 +++++++++++++++++++++++-----------------
 commit-graph.h          | 15 ++++++++++-----
 t/t5318-commit-graph.sh | 14 +++++++++++---
 5 files changed, 51 insertions(+), 30 deletions(-)

-- 
2.23.0.rc1.309.g896d8c5f5f