Subject: [PATCH 0/3] grep: no leaks (WIP)

From: Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belón <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2019 01:50:11 -0700

This is an incomplete reroll for cb/pcre2-chartables-leakfix that attempts
to address the root cause of the problem reported[1] by Dscho with PCRE2
and that is that until now PCRE and NED never worked together.

The first patch is likely correct but since I'd been unable to replicate
the issue I can't be completely sure, if a kind soul with access to a
windows developer environment could give it a try we will know for sure
but FWIW it runs fine and doesn't introduce any failures in our tests

The second patch is obviously incomplete but should address the problem
reported; there are still more things to consider as explained there

The third patch is the original leak patch rebased on top.

Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belón (3):
  grep: make PCRE1 aware of custom allocator
  grep: make PCRE2 aware of custom allocator
  grep: avoid leak of chartables in PCRE2

 Makefile       |  2 +-
 builtin/grep.c |  1 +
 grep.c         | 46 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
 grep.h         |  2 ++
 4 files changed, 46 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

[1] https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/
-- 
2.23.0.rc1