Subject: [PATCH 0/2] line-log: avoid unnecessary full tree diffs

From: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 13:04:22 +0200

Line-level log can be very slow with rename detection enabled (and its
enabled by default), which is caused by it using the diff machinery
very inefficiently.  The second patch fixes the issue and make it much
faster, especially in large repositories.

This patch series is independent from my other patch series making
line-level log incremental [1].  The two can be merged easily, as the
changes to 'line-log.c' don't overlap, and the conflict in
't4211-line-log.sh' is trivial (both series add new tests at the end
of that test script).

[1] https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/T/

SZEDER Gábor (2):
  line-log: extract pathspec parsing from line ranges into a helper
    function
  line-log: avoid unnecessary full tree diffs

 line-log.c          | 71 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
 t/t4211-line-log.sh | 82 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 134 insertions(+), 19 deletions(-)

-- 
2.23.0.352.gebb2b55eae