Subject: [PATCH 0/2] PCRE1 cleanup

From: Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belón <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2019 11:22:21 -0700

This is a reroll of [1] which is mostly equivalent to the original RFC
but rebased on top of ab/pcre-jit-fixes.

The first patch fixes an inconsistency from 685668faaa (grep: stop
using a custom JIT stack with PCRE v1, 2019-07-26) where NO_LIBPCRE1_JIT
will only affect versions of pcre1 >= 8.32, while support for JIT was added
to pcre1 with version 8.20.  Technically this is a change of behaviour as
originally it was not possible to use JIT with those older versions, but
the restriction was somehow arbitrary and caused by the use of JIT fast path. 

The second patch is mainly refactoring and to make sure the solution from
2fff1e196d (grep: fix NO_LIBPCRE1_JIT to fully disable JIT, 2017-11-12) is
working as expected.

Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belón (2):
  grep: make sure NO_LIBPCRE1_JIT disable JIT in PCRE1
  grep: refactor and simplify PCRE1 support

 Makefile |  9 ++-------
 grep.c   | 16 ++++++++++------
 grep.h   | 11 -----------
 3 files changed, 12 insertions(+), 24 deletions(-)

[1] https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/

base-commit: c581e4a7499b9e1089847dbbc057afbef1ed861e
-- 
2.23.0