Subject: Re: Git in Outreachy December 2019?

From: Emily Shaffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2019 12:39:59 -0700

On Wed, Sep 04, 2019 at 03:41:15PM -0400, Jeff King wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 01:17:57AM -0400, Jeff King wrote:
> 
> > Do we have interested mentors for the next round of Outreachy?
> > 
> > The deadline for Git to apply to the program is September 5th. The
> > deadline for mentors to have submitted project descriptions is September
> > 24th. Intern applications would start on October 1st.
> > 
> > If there are mentors who want to participate, I can handle the project
> > application and can start asking around for funding.
> 
> Funding is still up in the air, but in the meantime I've tentatively
> signed us up (we have until the 24th to have the funding committed).
> Next we need mentors to submit projects, as well as first-time
> contribution micro-projects.

I'm interested to mentor too, but I haven't done anything like this -
official mentoring, intern hosting, anything - so I will need to learn
:)

 - Emily