Subject: [RFC PATCH 0/1] for-each-ref: do not output empty lines

From: Eric Freese <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 23:17:04 -0600

Hi,

This is a follow-up patch based on conversation from the thread: "[RFC
PATCH 1/1] for-each-ref: add '--no-symbolic' option"

I had proposed a `--no-symbolic` option to git-for-each-ref that would
filter out symbolic refs from the output. It was discovered that the
behavior was already possible using an `%(if)` atom, but with the small
caveat that empty lines would be output for each non-symbolic ref.

This patch changes the output behavior of git-for-each-ref such that it
only prints lines for refs for which the format string expands to a
non-empty string.

If this is deemed to be too disruptive of a change, a new command option
could be added to opt in to the new behavior.

Cheers

Eric Freese (1):
  for-each-ref: do not output empty lines

 ref-filter.c            | 3 ++-
 t/t6300-for-each-ref.sh | 4 ++--
 2 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

-- 
2.23.0