Subject: Re: Outreachy

From: Emily Shaffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2019 13:36:54 -0700

On Sun, Oct 06, 2019 at 01:32:54AM +0530, Rajni Jha wrote:
> Hello!
Welcome! Thank you for introducing yourself and please don't hesitate to
ask any questions you may have.

> 
> I am an outreachy applicant and I am looking forward to working with git
> for my outreachy internship.

Hope this will help you get started. The community discussed the list of
microprojects for applicants to try in this mailing list thread:
https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/
I don't think you need to wade through the replies on that thread to
determine whether the microproject you are interested in is available,
although you're certainly welcome to. You can also ask me if you see a
microproject you are interested in and I will be happy to help
summarize it and point you in the right direction :)

It is also probably a good idea for you to search that mailing list
archive for "[Outreachy]" so you can see what Outreachy interns have
done in the past and try to emulate how they submitted finished
microprojects. I also recommend that you read through
https://git-scm.com/docs/MyFirstContribution.html#ready-to-share to
learn how to share your code with us when you have finished.

 - Emily