Subject: Re: [PATCH v5] documentation: add tutorial for object walking

From: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 19:50:10 +0200

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 08:19:32AM -0700, Emily Shaffer wrote:
> diff --git a/Documentation/MyFirstObjectWalk.txt b/Documentation/MyFirstObjectWalk.txt
> new file mode 100644
> index 0000000000..7085f17072
> --- /dev/null
> +++ b/Documentation/MyFirstObjectWalk.txt
> @@ -0,0 +1,905 @@
> +My First Object Walk
> +======================

In our CI builds [1] Asciidoctor complains about the above line like
this:

  asciidoctor: WARNING: MyFirstObjectWalk.txt: line 2: unterminated example block

I have no idea what it is trying to say, but I suspect that it
complains about the length of that '=====' line not matching the
length of the previous title line.  I kicked off a build with the
'====' line shortened, and it did silence that warning, and the build
succeeded.

Note, however, that we recently had a patch [2] that argued that a
different header notation is better, at least for the Git User Manual.
I'm not sure whether that applies for this tutorial as well; just
mentioning it for consideration.

[1] https://travis-ci.org/git/git/jobs/596474664#L1192
[2] fd5b820d9c (user-manual.txt: change header notation, 2019-09-22)