Subject: Re: Git in Outreachy December 2019?

From: Emily Shaffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 14:16:39 -0700

On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 06:47:01PM -0700, Emily Shaffer wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 10:04:48AM -0700, Jonathan Tan wrote:
> > > Prospective mentors need to sign up on that site, and should propose a
> > > project they'd be willing to mentor.
> > 
> > [snip]
> > 
> > > I'm happy to discuss possible projects if anybody has an idea but isn't
> > > sure how to develop it into a proposal.
> > 
> > I'm new to Outreachy and programs like this, so does anyone have an
> > opinion on my draft proposal below? It does not have any immediate
> > user-facing benefit, but it does have a definite end point.
> 
> I'd appreciate similar opinion if anybody has it - and I'd also really
> feel more comfortable with a co-mentor.

I know early on in this thread about Outreachy projects some folks
expressed interest in comentoring. Is anybody still interested in doing
so?

For context, I've been in contact with 3 applicants who have either sent
their first patch already or are getting ready to (and have needed some
involved discussion or help) plus another few applicants who have
inquired and may or may not send patches in the future. I've also
received quite a few mails outside of my timezone working hours (I
usually am awake/working 18:00GMT-02:00GMT), which I feel badly about
not being able to respond to in a timely fashion. If anybody wants to
comentor I would be so excited to have the help :)

 - Emily