Subject: Re: RFC: Moving git-gui development to GitHub

From: Denton Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 10:16:16 -0700

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 09:37:08AM +0200, Birger Skogeng Pedersen wrote:
> - It's a lot easier to get a total overview of all issues. Especially
> useful when you'd want to see open issues. Pratyush mentions he has a
> text-file on his computer where he lists all the currently open
> issues. We can't see this text-file. And even if we could, we'd still
> have to navigate the mail archives to find the discussions and read
> the emails one page at a time.

I also had one of these text files laying around with my TODOs. Dscho
mentioned to me a while back that it might be a good idea to move
everything to GitGitGadget's issues. It's worked out pretty well for me
so far and I think a couple people have even picked up some work off of
there. It might be worth considering moving issues to either git-gui's
or GitGitGadget's repo.

If anything, it's no worse than the current situation since if GitHub
goes down for whatever reason, then Pratyush's list of issues is private
again. But as long as GitHub is up, then it'd be nice to have a public
list of issues for people to work on.