Subject: Re: [DISCUSSION] Growing the Git community

From: Emily Shaffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 18:31:00 -0800

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 03:06:24PM +0000, Thomas Gummerer wrote:
> On 11/13, Christian Couder wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 9:04 PM Johannes Schindelin
> > <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > >
> > > On Tue, 12 Nov 2019, Emily Shaffer wrote:
> > >
> > > > I'm still really interested in participating on a mentors list like
> > > > this; can we set one up?
> > >
> > > I would subscribe immediately to a Git mentors' mailing list.
> > >
> > > Thanks for bumping this,
> > 
> > I would also subscribe, and yeah I think it might be worth trying.
> 
> +1.  As mentioned in #git-devel during the last standup, I'd like to
> be on that list as well.

Christian's suggestion of a Google Group list was good enough for me.
For now, the permission settings are as follows:

 - Group visibility: Anyone. (So it can be easier to discover and
   advertise.)
 - View topics: Group members only. (Maybe we want to open this up so
   it's easier for non-member Git contributors to take a look at what's
   going on.... but maybe if they're interested they can just join the
   group :) )
 - Post: Group members only. (My thinking is that once you're asking for
   someone's time and effort to help mentor you, you can volunteer the
   time and effort needed to push the join button and optionally filter
   your inbox ;) )
 - Join group: Anyone. (Let's make the barrier to entry low.)

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/git-mentoring/new

[email-masked]

 - Emily