Subject: Announcing [email-masked]

From: Emily Shaffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 11:47:08 -0800

Hi all,

Since https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/ is
well hidden inside a large thread which diverged into many topics, I'm
happy to announce (redundantly) the creation of a git-mentoring mailing
list!

You can join the list to view messages and participate at
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/git-mentoring.

This list is a great place for those who are new to Git and interested
in learning how to contribute to ask questions and expect kind, thorough
answers out of the spotlight of the main Git mailing list. Use this list
to ask or answer specific questions you have about contributing to the
Git project; rather than pairing with a specific mentor who may not
share your timezone or vacation schedule, you can ask questions of the
mentoring list as a whole to receive answers from any volunteer who is
available.

The community expectations for the mailing list are the same as those
for the main Git list, but posts are only visible to members (anyone can
join) in order to create a more private space for beginner questions.

For now, posting is limited to members only (again, anyone can join) -
but if we find a high incidence of needing to forward messages to and
from the main list, we can change that permission as needed.

I look forward to us learning from each other on that list!

 - Emily