Subject: Re: This list is now also archived on lore.kernel.org/git

From: Eric Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 19:55:56 +0000

Konstantin Ryabitsev <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hi, all:
> 
> I used Eric's public-inbox.org archives to set up our own copy on 
> lore.kernel.org and identical list archives are now available on that 
> server.

Almost :)  I forget it exists, but there's the "gmane:$ARTICLE_NUM"
altid mapping search support on my server for legacy gmane URLs.

Instructions to set it up:
https://public-inbox.org/meta/[email-masked]/

> I spoke with Eric and he recommends that official project documentation 
> starts using lore.kernel.org/git URLs in daily use and git's official 
> documentation in order to allow him more freedom of decision when it 
> comes to hosting his equipment. The URLs at both domains remain the 
> same, e.g.:

Yup,  .org TLD renewal costs will likely go up and I won't pay
higher costs to keep .org domains.

The system running public-inbox.org (and the recommended
onions(*)) will stay running and will have bleeding edge
code on it.

* Accessible via Tor, no need to depend on registrars:
  http://hjrcffqmbrq6wope.onion/
  http://ou63pmih66umazou.onion/
  http://czquwvybam4bgbro.onion/