Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/1] git svn: stop using `rebase --preserve-merges`

From: Eric Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 00:08:28 +0000

Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget <[email-masked]> wrote:
> From: Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]>
> 
> We deprecated `--preserve-merges` in favor of `--rebase-merges`; Let's
> reflect that in `git svn`.
> 
> Note: Even when the user asks for `--preserve-merges`, we now silently
> pass `--rebase-merges` to `git rebase` instead. Technically, this is a
> change of behavior. But practically, `git svn` only ever asks for a
> non-interactive rebase, and `--preserve-merges` and `--rebase-merges`
> are on par with regard to that.

I've never used --preserve-merges or --rebase-merges even with
standalone git; but this seems fine as there's no actual
behavior change...

> Signed-off-by: Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]>

Acked-by: Eric Wong <[email-masked]>

Thanks.