Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 13/22] t5317: use ! grep to check for no matching lines

From: Denton Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 13:43:04 -0800

Hi Eric,

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 01:21:29AM -0500, Eric Sunshine wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 2:00 PM Denton Liu <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > [...]
> > While at it, drop unnecessary invocations of 'awk' and 'sort' in each
> > affected test since those commands do not influence the outcome. It's
> > not clear why that extra work was being done in the first place, and the
> > code's history doesn't shed any light on the matter since these tests
> > were simply born this way[1], doing all the unnecessary work for no
> > reason, probably due to copy/paste programming...
> 
> Taking this wording literally from my review comment[1] is (again)
> fine, but I ended the fragment intentionally with "..." with the
> expectation that you would fill in the remainder, not expecting you to
> copy/paste the fragment blindly. Without the remainder -- the part
> which is supposed to follow the "..." -- the reader if left hanging.

My mistake, I interpreted the "..." as a stylistic writing choice as
opposed to an indication for me to fill it in. I'll fix it up for the
next round.

Thanks,

Denton

> 
> [1]: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/