Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/5] drop non-reentrant time usage

From: Danh Doan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2019 19:16:13 +0700

On 2019-11-27 11:29:30-0500, Jeff King <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 10:13:16PM +0700, Doan Tran Cong Danh wrote:
> 
> > gmtime/localtime is considered unsafe in multithread environment.
> > 
> > git was started as single-thread application, but we have some
> > multi-thread code, right now.
> > 
> > replace all usage of gmtime/localtime by their respective reentrant ones.
> 
> I think this is a good change.
> 
> A minor point, but I think it may be simpler if the first four were just
> a single patch. There's no rationale given at all in the 3rd and 4th
> ones. Which is because you already explained it in patch 1, but that
> won't help somebody who digs up the commit via "git blame".
> 
> So I think they either ought to be one patch, or they should repeat the
> rationale (I'd probably go with the first, but I could live with the
> second).

I'll merge first three into one since both of them are in date.c,
the 4th one changed another file.

-- 
Danh